In ages past, I was in a play. Here are some old notes about it.
This is a page for recording ideas about Kristen McGorry’s script for a comedy play based around HG Wells’s book ‘The War of the Worlds’ and the Jeff Wayne 1978 rock opera album based upon it.
- Have a character called Nathaniel so someone can shout out, “NATHANIEL!”
- Set in Woking / Byfleet etc
- Use the phrase, “The chances of anything….. are a million to one”
- Use flare sound from first track, where Burton is describing the flares coming from Mars
- Ominous unscrewing sound – someone opening a jar? Possibly a burglar? Tense scene.
- Smoking the Red Weed?
- Voiceover – hero quoting first lines from album, “Noone would have ever believed ….” through to “…they drew their plans against us”
- Music starts as in album
- lights up simultaneously, revealing character on stage in tin foil outfit on roof watching the skies
- possible dance routine, like ‘Thriller’?
- interrupted by Mum?