Britain’s national ID card is back from the grave, and the government here is ploughing ahead at speed to make this an expensive, privacy-compromising reality. If you’ve lived in the UK for the past six months (or more), and you don’t want to be issued a Soviet-style “internal passport,” get to this site now and spend ten seconds filling in the No2ID petition. This may be your last chance.
- An ID scheme won’t stop terrorists
- An ID scheme will not control illegal immigration
- An ID scheme won’t enable you to have anything you do not already have
- An ID scheme will cost billions in taxpayers money and achieve nothing
- An ID scheme will mean your most intimate details will be controlled by the government forever
- An ID scheme will cost everyone Â£75 every year Open petition page in new window