On one of my sporadic visits to Facebook, when I block a few more applications, and take a few more quizzes where the setter of the quiz has got the spelling of the movie/band/80’s cartoon character/TV showÂ wrong (there’s no such thing as Monkey Magic, dolts), I noticed that profile photosÂ tend to fall into a limited set of categories. I’ve tried to list themÂ below.
- The Look, It’s Me On My Grainy Webcam
- The Look A Little Closer
- The Look Into My Eye
- The Look, I’m On Stage
- The Look, I’ve Had Professional Black And White 8×10’s Done, Please Cast Me In Something
- The Look, I’m Sat On A Mountain
- The Look, I’m Wearing A Silly Hat Or Other Amusing Headgear
- The Look, I’m Wearing Sunglasses On Holiday
- The Look, It’s A TV Or Movie Character That I Like
- The Look, It’s AÂ VegetableÂ And Not A Portrait At All
- The Look, I Have An Apple Mac and PhotoBooth
- The Look, I Got Married To This Person
- The Look, I Used To BeÂ A Child
- The Look, I’mÂ A Breeder
- The Look, I’m Drunk
No judgement here, only observation. Off the top of my head, I have fallen intoÂ at leastÂ four of theseÂ categories in the past.
Actually, thinking about it, this list is pretty comprehensive. I’ve been back and added several after reading it. Again, I’m not trying to be sarcastic or snarky with this list, it’s just an observation. After all, people are going to use whatever photos they have that tell a story. Exercise for the reader: What stylesÂ other than the above are there?
I don’t really go on Facebook much these days. Twitterfeed squirts these blog entries onto my Twitter feed, my Twitter feed is duplicated as my Facebook statusÂ and my Flickr pics go up there too. I really should, many pals are there.