While clearing out my server during the Great Shift to WordPress, I found a folder containing a load of MIDI files. I present them here.
They’re divided up into various groups and themes. I gathered them over the years from various places for various purposes. If anyone has a problem with any of these being here, please let me know and I’ll take them down.
If you click on one of these files, your computer will probably open it in a music player of some kind, and you will be serenaded with a cheesy plinky-plonky version of the song, depending on your computer setup.
Various Pop Tunes
- ace_of_spades.mid – Motörhead.
- a_little_help_from_my_friends.mid – The Beatles. Used to rehearse for a solo intro number.
- black_hole_sun.mid – Soundgarden. Soundtrack to a summer in the Aquascutum warehouse.
- genius_of_love.mid – Tom Tom Club. “James Broooooooowwwn!”
- new_frontier.mid – Donald Fagen. “I hear you’re mad about Brubeck?”
- dont_go_breakin_my_heart.mid – Elton John and Kiki Dee. Used to rehearse for an ill-advised duet in a show (I sang Elton John, in case you wondered).
- how_soon_is_now.mid – The Smiths feat. Johnny Marr and his Wah-Wah Guitar.
- parklife.mid – “Who’s that gutlord marching?”
- tainted_love.mid – by Ed Cobb, Soft Cell version.
- your_song.mid – More Elton. Used to rehearse for a solo intro number, which went down very well indeed if memory serves.
- chime.mid – ding ding di-ding ding ding di-di-di-ding!
- lush.mid – pl-pl-plink pl-pl-pl-plink pl-pl-pl-pl-plink!
- forever.mid – “We waste! We destroy! And we cling like savages to our superstitions!”
- ding_dong_merrily_on_high.mid – Background to a page, probably.
- i_believe_in_father_christmas.mid – My favourite Xmas tune, apart from “Christmas Wrapping”
TV & Movie Themes
- bugs_bunny_theme.mid – I don’t recognise this. Did he have a theme?
- halloween_theme.mid – He’s behind you! Oh shit where’s he gone?
- er_theme.mid – Bounding Dogs! (in-joke)
- exorcist_tubular_bells_theme.mid – “Merrrrinnn!!!”
- last_of_the_summer_wine.mid – Soundtrack to a million grim Sunday evenings dreading school the next day.
- psycho_theme.mid – Deet deet deet deet deet deet!
- superman_theme.mid – Good to work to.
- twilight_zone_theme.mid – And that’s that.
Another pointless blog post, entered in a ledger that covers all the transactions of the universe, a bill stamped ‘paid in full,’ and to be found, on file, behind a green door in the last house on the left… in the Twilight Zone.