We’ve taken the plunge, and bought a dog. A puppy, to be precise. Pushpop Poinsetter, son of Diamond Dolphinium and Wizards Revenge (not sure about the names). His real name of course will be SHUGGIE. Here’s the photos so far:
Shuggie Flickr Gallery.
We went along to see him at his breeders (all above board and registered of course) and place a deposit, much as he will be doing around the flat when we get him home.
Talking of which, we had to go and buy half a shop’s worth of stuff…
- wicker basket
- training pads (aka ‘floor nappies’)
- shampoo (with jojoba extract and pro-v conditioners)
- little shiny disc for his collar with name and address
- the list goes on…
And because of the imminent arrival, I’ve had to
- Fix the fence so he can’t escape
- Sort out the hall cupboard as a kind of den
- Fix up a gravel area in the garden (you know why)
- Fix the back stairs
- Fix a grab rail for the back stairs
and so on. Can anything require more nesting? Don’t answer that.
We’re going along again tonight to check up on him at 6 weeks old. He’s probably the size of a house by now. Can’t wait – more photos up soon!